Great Expectations Academic Enrichment Program
The Great Expectations Program is a free program designed for students ages 6 to 16. The program normally meets every 2nd and 4th Saturday but due to the COVID 19 pandemic we are now meeting and studying on Sundays via Zoom Use the Zoom App or
dial 1-646-558-8656, Meeting I.D. #891 1706 9145, PASSWORD: 222156 :
Sunday School at 1:00 PM and -Great Expectation Class at 2:00 PM.
Sunday, March 26, 2023. LESSON: "Submitting to the Father's Will"
Matthew 26: 36-50- Sunday School Book pgs. 15-17
WORDS TO REMEMBER: 1. Heroic 2. Submitted 3. Disciples 4. Mission
5. Incredible obedience 6. Eternal life 7. Obedient 8. Fundamentals
9. Benefited 10. Recruiters 11. Apostles 12. Anguish 13. Exhaustion
14. Intentions 15. Scholarship
Questions for Reflection and Discussion: (20 pts. each)
1. What did Jesus do that was heroic? Should we consider Jesus
as a super hero? If yes, how and why?
2. What did Jesus do the night before He was to die for our sins?
3. Do you pray? When do you pray?
4. What did Jesus ask God?
5. Why did God turn away from Jesus?
6. Do you think Jesus understands when we are sad and troubled? How?
7. What are some things that we can learn from Jesus from the time
He spent in prayer?
8. How can we be obedient?
9. Read the "What if" paragraph and answer: How would you respond
to God and everyone around you?
10. What can we do when we have to deal with the hard things in life?
11. When should we pray?
12. What should we pray for based on this lesson?
13. What ONE word will help you remember this lesson and why? Feel
free to use our vocabulary words in your answer.
14. What did an adult tell you about a time he/she submitted to God and
received help to do a difficult thing?
15. Describe the miracle in John 2: 1-11.
GREAT EXPECTATION ASSIGNMENT:
25 pts each. List the following:
1. Female actor - her movie or TV show she is known for.
2. Female author of a book/poem title of the book or poem.
3. Female athlete/sport that she is known for.
4. Female singer-song that she is known for.
5. Female inventor and the invention they are known for.
Feel free to submit some of the work, such as the vocabulary words
or just answers to the questions or GE assignment or all of the work
Points are awarded based on attendance, participation and work
submitted. There are always top three with the highest scores but
ALL receive something and the best is increasing their knowledge
of the Bible and overall skills and knowledge for school and life!!!