Great Expectations Academic Enrichment Program
The Great Expectations Program is a free program designed for students ages 6 to 16. The program normally meets every 2nd and 4th Saturday but due to the COVID 19 pandemic we are now meeting and studying on Sundays via Zoom Use the Zoom App or dial 1-646-558-8656, Meeting I.D. #891 1706 9145, PASSWORD: 222156 :
Sunday School at 1:00 PM.
October 10, 2021 - Lesson #8 (pages 31-33): "The Mission of Twelve Spies"
READ: Numbers 23: 1-3, 17-20, 25-33
WORDS TO KNOW: 1. Mission 2. Spy 3. Relocating 4. Commanded 5. Transitional
6. Investigate 7. Inhabited 8. Inhabitants 9. Evaluate 10. Fortified 11. Encampment
12. Sojourn 13. Confirmed 14. Enormity 15. Dissent 16. Dissenting 17. Empower
18. Conquer 19. Exaggerated 20. Encounter 21. Prevailed 22. Optimistic 23. Aspects
QUESTIONS for Reflection and Discussion:
1. What was God's plan for the spy mission? 2. What do we know about Joshua? 3. What did God command Moses to do? 4. What did it mean to choose one man from each of
the tribes? 5. What did choosing a leader from each tribe mean? 6. What do we know
about the word "southward" in Numbers 13:17"? 7. What three things did Moses task the spies with doing? 8. What good report did the spies return with? 9. What negative report did the spies return with? 10. What was Caleb's dissent? 11. Compare Caleb's report to the spies report. 12. How did the the other spies exaggerate their report? 13. Which report prevailed? 14. In the end, what was the real problem? 15. What did the ten spies forget? 16. What is the most interesting part of the lesson? 17. What question comes to mind?
18. What is another good title for the lesson?
Great Expectations Homework
List ten (10) habits of successful students. 20 pts. for each one. If their answers match any of mine, they will earn an additional for each one that matched mine.
This is GREAT Expectations!
Thank you parents for your support and for encouraging your children! It is a blessing.
May Continue to Bless You All !!!